Saturday, February 12, 2011

Seafood Mix with Pasta


Last week while shopping in supermarket I spotted 2 Lb bag of seafood mix. It looked so fresh and had a mix of clams, squid rings and tentacles, small slabs of cuttlefish and small shrimps. Since I know that each item requires different cooking time I turned to Chowhound discussion board. For 2 days we went back and forth about best way to prepare it. Originally I was considering seafood risotto, then there were suggestions of a hot pot and few others. I definitely will try the hot pot. Anyway, I have finally settled on cooking it in tomato sauce and serve it with fresh fettuccine. My wife declared it absolutely amazing and a definite and regular repeat.
There isn’t really much of a recipe. I just heated tomato sauce with 2 Tbs. of leftover béchamel sauce and when hot I added the seafood mix that was thawed out and at room temperature. Cook for no more then 3 minutes and at very end mix in 1 Tbs. of chopped parsley. Since this meal is so quick, cook the pasta before, toss in butter and keep warm. Serve the sauce on top of pasta and garnish with chopped parsley.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This dish was quite interesting with a lot of different textures. The fresh homemade pasta added a nice surprise to the palate.
Well done.

Anonymous said...

I got a "Costco size" bag of seafood at Costco last week... I think they're just squid, calamary and shrimp... don't remember if they had mussels. Can't wait to see what I'm going to do with them.

Jerry said...

Whatever you do with them, and you can do a lot, don’t cook longer the couple minutes and you must marinate them or soak them in water to get rid of the off taste and smell. It took me few tries but now it is a breeze. Just add the room temperature mix to your dish at last minute and heat through.
Next time I’m in Costco I’ll check them out.