Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Caraway Rye Bread Revisited


It has been a long time since I have made caraway rye bread! Last week, when weather was cool and rainy, I had a real craving for that crusty bread. Best thing to do was to make one. So, I did. Why did I wait so long to make one again is beyond me.  After all it is “no-kneed” style of bread where you just incorporate flour, water, yeast and salt and let nature and time do the work for you. Here is link to original recipe I have posted last November 30th.
Only difference from the posted recipe is that I used only 3 cups of flour this time. It made it so much easier to handle that wet dough. Of course, loaf was smaller and was gone in a day! J

10:30 PM

16 hours later...

form into round loaf and let raise for 2 hours and literally plop the loaf into heavy Dutch oven preheated to 500°F. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.

Remove cover and bake for 15 more minutes or till inner temperature reaches 210°F 

45 minutes later...crusty and chewy Heaven!!!

No comments: