Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rice noodle stir fry



Last night I made chicken and veggie stir fry with rice noodles. I did it in a sort of Vietnamese style with chicken tenders, garlic, ginger, soaked wood ear mushrooms, green onions, red pepper and coriander with fish sauce, sake, sesame oil, rock sugar, buckwheat honey and sriracha hot sauce. Soy sauce is a good substitute for fish sauce. Incredibly light and so much flavor. Definite repeat but since I never measure and never follow or use recipes it will never be the same.

3 comments:

Marjo said...

That dish was rather nice and delicious for the eyes first as the lights added a translucent woahhhhhhhhh shine to the dish.

The different textures were well integrated and surprized the palate in a most pleasant way. Awsome dish!

Perfect creation for a Fall raining cold day.

Eva said...

This looks amazingly delicious. Could it be made without the fish sauce? I have a very picky eater in my household. Hopefully, we'll see some dishes with a recipe to follow...

Tillsonburgarian said...

Eva, the fish sauce is optional as is pretty much everything else. Since I don’t follow recipes I seldom write one with the exception if friends ask for one because they like what they tasted. But, I’ll give it a try. BTW, soy sauce is a good substitute for fish sauce but it is a bit different when you add lime juice and coriander leaves to soy sauce rather then to traditional fish sauce (Vietnam and Thailand).